Couples Therapy & Marriage Counseling in NYC
Even in “great” and “pretty good” marriages, therapy can be a wonderful tool to increase positive communication and connections, and decrease conflict. Unfortunately, most people wait until things are not going well to go to therapy. Just like changing the oil in your car on a regular basis, taking care of the most important relationship in your life helps you maintain a healthy and satisfying marriage. This is particularly true in marriages that include children;the additional stress of raising and being responsible for children can put strain on any marriage.
No matter what’s happening between you and your spouse, it’s never too late for your relationship to be repaired and become more loving, rewarding, and intimate. You just need someone to help guide you through the process.
Tammy can provide guidance and individualized advice to strengthen and rekindle your marriage and partnership. She offers family counseling, coaching, advice, parenting, and so much more in the way of assistance.
How Do We Know If We Need Counseling?
Unfortunately, it is not unusual for one spouse to be completely miserable and the other blissfully unaware of any problems. The unaware partner believes that if they are ok, then the marriage must be ok. A good time to think about hiring someone like me for couples therapy and marriage counseling is when:
- Whatever you’ve already tried on your own isn’t working
- You fight a lot
- You don’t fight at all; sometimes couples with poor communication will not deal with conflict and withdraw from each other completely. This can be just as detrimental to a relationship as constant fighting.
- One or both of you feels emotionally or sexually disconnected
- There are substance or other abuse issues
- You’d rather spend time apart than together
- You believe you’d be happier with someone else
- You blame your partner for everything that’s wrong in your life or vice versa
- You still value the marriage and care about your spouse, but have nearly given up
Why Should We See A Marriage Counselor?
Truth be told, getting married is easy but staying married isn’t. Furthermore, marriages can be rocked to the core in a family setting. Tammy has mentored, supported, and coached families through some seriously tough times and has seen them become happier and stronger for it. It’s time to better the lives of both your children and yourselves. Give us a call today to set up your first appointment to get your marriage and life back on track.
Tammy offers her counseling services via telephone, Skype and Facetime to clients all over the world. In select instances, she can even visit a couple in the comfort of their own home.